Accounts Receivable Specialist
- Irvine, CA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for controlling the cash receipts of the company. The Specialist works with Sales, Service, and Shipping to ensure that the systems of control operate properly and that procedures relating to customer billing and collection of accounts receivable and other cash are followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Invoices customers utilizing the company's systems of internal controls, including customer orders, leasing purchase orders and other financing instruments, order entry, shipping documents and manager approvals
- Prepares daily cash reports and fill out deposit slip(s)
- Invoice customers
- Processes daily credit transactions
- Maintains files relating to customer billing, invoicing, and cash receipts
- Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment
- Follows up with customers and sales staff for the collection of all accounts receivables
- Applies cash receipts to appropriate customer accounts receivable
- Prepares regular and ad hoc reports requested by the VP of Finance & Corporate Controller
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up
- Calls and/or mails correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts
- Assists with related special projects, as required
- Associate's Degree (A.A.) or equivalent; or one to two years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent follow up and follow through skills
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization
BIOLASE offers the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)