Field Service Engineer - OR
- Portland, OR
The New BIOLASE, the global leader in dental lasers, aims to be the pacesetter to innovate modern dentistry and to elevate the overall dental experience. At the heart of this goal are three key pillars: Customer Satisfaction, Quality in Everything We Do, and Disciplined Innovation.
Provide exemplary customer support for the Waterlase Dentistry line of laser products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide assistance to level 1 providers
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues, order necessary parts, open case data and take appropriate action to resolve customer issue
- Serve as primary customer contact related to laser operations including, but not limited to, negotiating outcomes with dissatisfied customers
- Manage schedule and regularly follow up with customers in territory to ensure customer is optimizing the use of the laser(s)
- Advise customers regarding technical or clinical concerns
- Manage the territory by scheduling visits based upon identifying customer needs
- Consult with customers to resolve any problems
- Ensure customers are adequately maintaining laser(s) by conducting care and maintenance in-service training when necessary
- Provide customers with quick reference guides and ensure that they are properly trained in the proper maintenance/use of the laser
- Develop and maintain relationships with local Account Managers and assist in the consultative sales process for new laser systems by discussing features and benefits of new products and upgrades when in customer's office
- Sell service contracts, gold handpieces, mirrorreplacement and maintenance kits, and software upgrades to customers
- Advise customers concerning features and benefits of various consumable products to help drive sales and growth
- Identify areas for product improvements and communicate to corporate Engineering team
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of service bulletins as required
- Travel to support open territories as needed
- Review territory information on a monthly basis and schedule required preventive maintenance (PM) service calls as required during the month
- Provide required paperwork on regular basis to the corporate office
- Ensure all regulatory reporting requirementsare adhered to on a timely basis
- Rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
We are looking for an organized, self-starter individual able to manage his/her own schedule and have a "make-it-happen" attitude, willing to work in a dynamic and changing environment. Must have Associate's degree (AA) in Electronics and at least 5 years of experience as a Field Service Technician/Engineer within the medical device industry working with complex electro-mechanical equipment
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W / Vets / Disabled)