- Irvine, CA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Engineering Drafter is responsible for creating detailed drawings and implementing changes to existing designs, taking guidance from Mechanical Designers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Must be proficient with SolidWorks
- Convert SolidWorks 3D models to dimensional drawings with the appropriate notes and title blocks
- Assist in obtaining document part numbers from Document Control
- Assist in Engineering department final draft drawings according to redlines for ECO submittals
- Must be able to make minor updates to artwork and InDesign documents
- Create and store drawings and 3D models electronically in the appropriate Document Vault
- Maintain the Doc Vault with the latest revisions of 3D files for parts and assemblies as well as
Adobe Photoshop, Gerber files and InDesign documents
- AA Degree in Engineering Drafting and Design, Mechanical 3D Solid Modeling CAD, or related field; and at least 2 years of experience within the medical device industry
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and follow through skills
- Ability to interact well with all levels of the organization
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)