- Irvine, CA
BIOLASE, Inc. is a medical device company that develops, manufactures, markets, and sells laser systems in dentistry and medicine and also markets, sells, and distributes dental imaging equipment,
including CAD/CAM scanners. BIOLASE’s products are focused on better enabling clinicians to repair and restore patient’s dental conditions while reducing the pain, fear, and anxiety generally associated with dentistry. BIOLASE is committed to elevating the standard of care in dentistry, while enabling clinicians to achieve better business returns.
The Electronic Engineer is responsible for systems engineering related to new product development and sustaining engineering activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Well versed in manufacturing processes and controls.
- Experience with laser systems and fiber optics assemblies.
- Working knowledge of tooling and fixture design as well as electronic development.
- Perform system integration and verification testing.
- Knowledge of medical design controls and quality systems regulations.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline oriented team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide recommendations for increased product reliability and quality.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering to ensure timely and effective transfer of new
and iterative products into production.
- Participation in Risk Management activities.
- Ability to be effective with minimal supervision.
- Strong quality orientation and customer focus.
- Excellent team player with a great attitude.
- Assist in the development of software and hardware requirements.
- Interaction and collaboration with domestic and international field service personnel.
In depth knowledge of hardware, familiar with 8 bit to 32 bit micro controller
Experience with digital and analog circuitries
Experience with layout PCB using Orcad and Altium
Familiar with EMI/EMC testing for medical device
Independent and reliable
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS in Electrical Engineering required. A minimum of 5+ years of hardware and/or system engineering experience preferably in a medical device or other regulated product development organization.
BIOLASE offers a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to be part of a company that continues to grow based upon its existing reputation for innovative, disruptive, and practice-enhancing products. If you would like to be considered for this opening, please apply online.
BIOLASE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M / W/ Vets / Disabled)