Credit Control Analyst with English and French - Part Time
- Tarragona, Spain
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
As a Credit Control Analyst, you will report into the Credit Control Manager in the Finance Department, and you will be responsible for all credit control tasks, being the main point of contact for clients of the French market.
- Risk assessment (sales analysis, balance sheets, outstanding debt, etc.)
- Determination of payment conditions under established guidelines
- Customer account analysis (invoices and open payments in the account, payments not applied, etc.)
- Obtaining bank information (customer collections and details)
- Preparation of reports for clients (outstanding debt, extracts, invoice forwarding)
- Communication status of orders (blocked, outstanding debt, outstanding payments, payments not applied, etc.)
- Extract accounts and information on their current status.
- Communication with customers
- Credit financial reports
- Negotiation, according to established guidelines, of payment and credit conditions
- Registration, in a database (call center) of all actions performed on clients.
- Request and analysis of business reports to outsourcing companies
- Follow up customer payment plans
- Reconciliation of customer accounts
- Establishment, according to established guidelines, of credit limits
- Summary weekly report of debt seniority
- Preparation of files for Outsourcing companies
- Payment reminder letters (biweekly)
- Report to clients of large monthly billing accounts
- Contact with other Bic Companies for payments in our customer accounts and return management of said payments
- Reports about outstanding debt and actions to be taken to reduce it. Monthly meeting
- Monitoring and updating of customer credit limits
- Support Accounting and Treasury area in all tasks needed
- Vocational training or Degree in Business Administration or Economics or related field
- 1 year experience in a similar position
- Accounting knowledge
- Expertise in ERP module Accounts Receivable, Account Payable, General ledger and taxes
- Fluent in French and English
- Analytical thinking and business needs understanding
- Accuracy and attention to detail
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.