Engineer- Mechanical Maintenance (Auto Assembly)
- Haridwar, Uttarakhand, India
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
To work in coordination with the assembly department as per requirement and facilitate keeping machine operator time on the higher side. Attend and resolve assembly machines breakdowns in shifts if any and propose corrective actions after doing root casue analysis related to mechnical failures.
- Breakdown Maintenance /preventive maintenance of assembly machines in shift
- Spares management (pneumatic/mechanical parts).
- Repairing of cams and fixtures.
- Redesign /modify guides/ channels of machines as per input component profile.
- Daily cleaning/Lubrication of machines. Checking and replacing worn-out parts, if any.
- Improvement of parts design for OEE improvement.
- Implement machine safety standards for all assembly & refill machines
- Provide technical decisions and backup to maintenance technicians in case of escalation
- Ensure training of staff members and technicians in related areas.
- Engineering Diploma/Graduate- Mechanical engineering with exposure in dealing with pneumatic/mechanical operation & breakdown maintenance area.
- Minimum 3 years experience in the manufacturing industry shall be a must.
- To be well versed with the application of MS office.
- Any advanced qualification / short term course on Machine maintenance will be plus
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.