Senior Manager, Financial Communications
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
- Employees can work remotely
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Manager Financial Communication is a meaningful contributor to BIC's visibility and credibility with investors and other key financial stakeholders. By bringing to life compelling strategic narratives that increase the general understanding of BIC's markets, categories, product and service lines, supporting operating model, and financial prospects, he or she unlocks BIC's share value and creates long-term value.
The Senior Manager Financial Communication collaboratively shapes the tone and tenor of BIC's messages to shareholders, investors and external corporate stakeholders, including Financial Press and ESG rating agencies, in close collaboration with Group Communications and the Group Marketing team to ensure consistency with all our other communications
Major Duties / Responsibilities of Job
- Develop a compelling and evolving Equity Story that will drive a full understanding of BIC's strategic framework and engage diverse financial stakeholders (sell-side analysts, shareholders, main street and ESG investors, financial media). Leverage different communication vehicles to have an "always on" communication engine, and thinking in terms of reach and frequency, driving a positively always building communication program for all Financial stakeholders.
- Partner with the Senior Manager Investor Relations to develop a complete and dynamic set of communication tools that will improve sell-side and buy-side analysts' / fund managers' understanding of our categories metrics, BIC's strategic actions and increase their forecast accuracy.
- Develop compelling "Investment cases", including on M&A and industrial projects that will retain existing and engage potential shareholders, building on and into the overall BIC Equity Story.
- Partner with the ESG Specialist and the Sustainable Development Director to integrate non-financial KPI's in BIC's day-to-day financial communication and turn ESG into a differentiation and value creation opportunity for the company.
- Partner with the Senior Manager Corporate Press and Institutional Relations to drive conversations with financial media and NGO's, that will improve BIC's visibility and reinforce it's reputation.
- Actively collaborate with internal knowledge centers (Finance, GII, GSC, Lighters, Business Development, legal) to deliver timely and tailored messages, to ensure a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of BIC' business and supporting operating model within the financial community
- Actively contributes to the success of the AGM, a key moment for a listed company, vis-à-vis the various shareholders
- Postgraduate in the field of business communications and Economics. Extensive training in market finance.
- 5-10 years + in Financial Communications, including time spent in a Financial Communication agency and/or in a publicly-traded company with a large international investor based. Solid knowledge of European stock market regulation.
- Excellent English communication skills, with a focus on written, along with the ability to think and communicate clearly, formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues, and create a concise and well-written narrative.
- Business acumen and fluency in Financial Communications' fundamental, with a solid understanding of financial performance measures
- Solid knowledge and deep understanding of financial markets, and extensive experience in transformation and M&A communication (new business models, diversifications, evolving capital structure)
- Comfort in a fast-moving environment.
- Open-mindedness and ability to work in an international environment.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.