Paralegal - Marketing & Advertising
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide paralegal support to the North America Stationery team for all matters relating to marketing, advertising, packaging, product displays, social media, sweepstakes, contests, instant win games, giveaways, TV commercials, videos, stock art and websites, and marketing and advertising claim substantiation for both the U.S. and Canada.
This position is responsible for supporting privacy and data security initiatives including researching, maintaining and communicating about regulations and laws impacting the business, reviewing and drafting website privacy policies, reviewing ecommerce and digital agreements and participating in cross functional regional and global projects relating to privacy and data security.
In addition, this position also provides and supports the review, drafting and preparation of marketing and commercial contracts.
- Provide Paralegal support to the U.S. and Canada marketing teams by reviewing and analyzing program concepts, claims and packaging for legal compliance. The position includes providing legal review from concept to completion for packaging artwork, copy for website and social media platforms, banners, TV commercials, videos and other advertisements sweepstakes, contest and instant win game promotions including review and drafting of Official Rules, and collect data in support of claim substantiation.
- Maintain significant direct client contact on relevant legal issues on packaging, advertising, marketing and promotional materials and programs. Initiate and maintain file organization for marketing and advertising claims, websites, social media sites and promotions and programs.
- Support privacy and data security initiatives including researching, maintaining and communicating about regulations and laws impacting the business, reviewing & drafting website privacy policies, reviewing ecommerce & digital agreements and participating in cross functional regional and global projects relating to privacy and data security
- Provide contract review including, drafting and preparation for various contracts such as, marketing and promotion agreements, influencer, talent, stock art and music license agreements, consulting and service agreements
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Certification in Paralegal Studies is strongly preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in the areas of advertising, marketing, packaging/labeling and contract law is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning, time management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment while also being able to work independently to achieve collective goals and build balanced relationships with business partners
- Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency is a must
- Knowledge of and continuing education relating to new trends in social media, advertising, marketing, and promotional laws is required
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.