- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Project Manager will lead multi-functional project teams to successfully execute the commercialization of custom projects (customer specific new items & displays) end-to-end. This is achieved through leading definition of the scope of the project, defining activities and timings required, and then following up on these activities to ensure the project remain on track. Lead assessments of new Special Project Requests (SPRs) for technical and financial feasibility to ensure strategic fit for the company and meet the customer needs. The individual will form strategic partnership with Sales counterparts to understand, anticipate and support specific customer requirements as well as being the main point of contact with Sales throughout the duration of the project. The project manager will monitor the status of multiple projects, prioritizing tasks and resolving issues as they arise. The individual must have good communication skills with the ability to escalate to management critical areas needing attention for timely decisions. This position will report to the Sr. Manager for Commercial Operations. This position is also eligible to participate in the Remote Work Policy, working from home 3 days per week.
- Develop, manage, and steer end-to-end Customs Project (Customer Specific New Items & Displays) timelines ensuring excellence in on time/in full execution
- Lead assessment of new project requests for feasibility
- Document and monitor timeline milestones, set due dates and make revisions as needed, and follow up to ensure tasks are met and contingencies developed
- Mitigate and resolve risks and issues
- Lead regular cross-functional team meetings, coordinating activities across teams and execute necessary timelines and activities
- Proactively identity risks and press for decisions in order to execute on time
- Bachelors Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management or 8 years of combined experience within Operations, Supply Chain, Innovation and/or Marketing is required
- Experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry is a must
- Deep understanding of commercialization process, turning ideas & concepts into products, within the CPG environment
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work with cross-functional team and influence without authority is required
- Excellent problem solving & decision-making skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large volume of highly visible & complex projects
- Excel at relationship building and driving a collaborative working environment
- Excellent communication skills to deliver clear project status – project notes/decisions taken/actions needed
- A true team player willing to listen, learn and teach
- Exceptional organization skills and attention to details
- Experience with database and reporting systems preferred, but not required (Power BI and JDE)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are required (including formulas, IF statements, and v-lookups)
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.