Senior Brand Finance Analyst
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Brand Finance Analyst for North America assists in providing financial guidance and business partnership to the Marketing Organization, with a key focus on individual product segments and the total category P&L. Must have the ability to leverage our financial tools to provide information to support decision making.
Prepare forecasts from units through Brand Contribution for the category (monthly R&O, semi-annual rolling forecast submissions, annual operating plan submission).
Assist with preparation and analysis of monthly financial results (brand support journal entries, price/volume/mix analysis, commentary and royalties).
Support Brand Team on ad hoc requests, SPR initiatives, brand support management, etc.)
Manage the Royalty process by working with the BIC marketing team as well as external partners in order to ensure payments are met and BIC follows all guidelines within each contract
Additional ad hoc requests (P&L reviews, item setup, RGM, sales, etc.)
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- 3+ years financial analysis experience in a profit driven organization is required
- Experience in building forecasts is required
- Experience in variance analysis (including making recommendations based on that analysis) is required
- Process improvement mindset with a desire to challenge current state where appropriate is a must
- Experience with preparing journal entries is preferred
- Experience collaborating with internal and external audit teams is preferred
- Experience in the Consumer Products industry is preferred
- Strong decision-making, organizational and problem–solving skills are essential as well as the ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment (must be able to multi-task)
- Strong attention to details while being able to step back and see the big picture
- Ability to adapt to changing business requirements and learn new systems/ methods as needed
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and perform well in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as a strong knowledge of budgeting and forecasting are essential
- Organize, analyze, and present data with solutions
- Prior experience working in systems like Cognos, JDE, or Anaplan is a plus
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.