Machine Operator (3rd shift)
- Gaffney, SC, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The Machine Operator is responsible for loading raw materials into automated assembly machines and performing quality inspections on our Stationery products to maintain compliance with ISO standards. This role also is responsible for troubleshooting machines as necessary to resolve quality and operating deficiencies.
- Perform quality inspections on in-process and finished product per written instructions
- Load raw materials Into assembly machines as necessary
- Assist with troubleshooting of machine or product quality issues
- Implement continuous improvement modifications as required
- Overtime and weekend work, as needed, and be shift-flexible
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Previous high-speed automated manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and stand/walk for duration of shift
- Strong interpersonal skills to collaboratively work with BIC team members in order to provide production and maintenance support
- Strong work ethic, sense of urgency, and desire to deliver results
- Availability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Strong problem-solving skills
Your application for this position does not guarantee an offer. The skills and experience required for this job will determine the success of your application.
BIC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.