Global Brand & Capabilities Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Brand Team’s objective is to advance the development of all brand building related efforts within the organization and ensure the success and delivery of the Brand Council. The role of the Global Brand & Capabilities Manager is to contribute to the team’s efforts in meeting its objectives and managing certain priority work stream independently.
In this context, the Global Brand and Capabilities Manager will contribute actively to the following Brand team’s missions:
- Leading coordination and operating rhythm of the Brand Council
- Ensuring progress on brand building workstreams:
- Brand and Communication
- Brand Planning
- Capability development
- Contribute to the strategic creation and support the rollout of Global creative content.
- Development of brand positioning for the total BIC brand and categories and the rollout of the vision to the organization including brand architecture and guidelines
- Contribute to the content of all sub teams that are created in the Brand Council across all delivery areas above.
- 5+ years working with brands
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- Strong communication and people skills – Great presenter, Not hesitant to meet and start working with new people
- Curious, creative thinker with interest in brands and storytelling
- Leadership drive – Able to organize and advance tasks with cross-functional members.
- Drives for results, proactive and looks to resolve issues and barriers quickly
- Displays strategic agility
- Advanced powerpoint skills
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.