Commercial Learning Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Implement global sales learning strategy to deliver BIC’s objectives (e.g., growth, ROI, customer satisfaction) and ensure organizational alignment and buy-in.
- Perform thorough sales capability audit; in particular:
- Set-up initial capability assessment across all selling divisions.
- Deploy yearly identification of core competencies by role, capability gaps and priorities,
- Partner with subject matter experts and resources, both internally and externally, to develop and deploy supplementary learning solutions specific to the NAM Sales team.
- Define and shape “Best-in-Class” program instruction,
- Act as main trainer and ambassador for the sales academy,
- Collaborate with HR to update and maintain training content quality to best suit salesforce needs,
- Support “Best-in-Class” training architecture, incl. new training formats, with online courses and user-friendly online material,
- Collaborate with other functions to gather input in salesforce training.
- Monitor program implementation to ensure impact
- Provide impact feedback to Commercial COE for continuous improvement,
- Implement certification journey based on role, time-in-job and capability gaps, with a blend of mandatory and optional material,
- Monitor training attendance and program effectiveness,
- Collaborate with HR to integrate certification in talent review process to drive performance management and career planning.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field
- 5+ years of business experience in sales and/or training & development roles within CPG industry
- Ability to work collaboratively within a large multi-site operations organization
- Demonstrates strong track records in conducting learning and development activities to develop the sales team, preferably in Consumer Goods industry
- Demonstrates strong track records in conducting sales and negotiation with clients
- Strong interpersonal, selling skills and capability to communicate effectively with different level of people inside/outside of organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment
- Winning spirit and manner, self-motivated
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.