Intern, Category Management / Shopper Insights, North America (Start ASAP)
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
BIC is looking for a go-getter to join our North American Sales team. If you are a wizard with Excel, then we would love to speak with you!
- Running weekly & monthly POS reports across all three categories
- Doing regular retail visits to capture pictures of what is happening with various retailers in our categories (ad hoc travel)
- Report sales and share trends with possible root cause analysis
- Be curious: perform data analysis to identify business opportunities
- Assist the shopper insights manager with research tasks, doing internet searches and listening in on webinars
- Interact with cross-functional teams to collect and share information
- Looking for a Junior/Senior college student pursuing a Business or Data Science type degree
- Ability to commit 20 hours per week during school and 40 hours per week during the summer (June-August)
- Advance Excel skills required (i.e. Pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- PowerPoint skills
- Self-starter with good communications skills and ability to work on their own
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.