Associate Key Account Manager - Alternative Channel
- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Broker & Alternative Market Team is responsible for the fastest growing market in the Convenience Channel. The Associate Key Account Manager will play a key role in the development and growth of BIC Lighters in the Alternative market. This position will contribute to BIC’s Values and Vision by maximizing long-term BIC brand volume while achieving annual sales budgets and profit goals. This position has the responsibility to communicate and implement BIC national initiatives, policies, and standards to cross functional groups. Internally, it is imperative that the Associate KAM communicates our customers’ needs across the BIC structure to develop and implement business building programs.
Details & Responsibilities:
- Meets or exceeds assigned sales forecast, gross profit, market share, budget and long-term business objectives in the Alternative Channel for BIC North America.
- Co-manages a broker network to support BIC sales. Provides leadership, training, and coaching to the Broker in the delivery of top-line sales and profit goals in a consistent and sustainable manner.
- Partners with cross functional teams from Brand Marketing, Brand Design, Packaging Engineering, Finance, Customer Service, Customer Marketing, Supply Chain and Legal
- Prepares, conducts, and negotiates business planning sessions to achieve short and long-term objectives. Consistently drives to win in all key merchandising areas: Distribution, Placement, Price and Promotion.
- Leverage market analytics to drive key business decisions, superior customer engagement and thought leadership
- Develops long-term relationships with customers’ key personnel
- Reports into the Team Lead Broker & Alternative Channel.
- 1-3 years’ selling experience in the consumer products industry is required (Convenience Channel preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Knowledge of the consumer products industry and how to execute direct sales, order management, logistics, and retail sales coverage
- Knowledge and experience of internal functions (i.e. Sales Resources, Business Planning, Marketing and Customer Service)
- This position requires a winning positive attitude from a competent and competitive individual
- The new hire must live in the Tri-State area (NY, NJ, CT) or near Philadelphia, PA -- OR be willing to relocate themselves to the area upon hire
- The new hire must have the ability to manage a challenging and demanding workload and travel (across the country) 50% of the time
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.