Channel Analyst - Convenience
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
- Employees can work remotely
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Channel Analyst will report to the Channel Development Manager and the Convenience Team to support important initiatives around sales strategy, price and promotional tracking, and business planning.
- Coordinating tracking and templates for reporting, gap closing, new product launches
- Utilize sales trend data and perform consistent data analysis to identify opportunities and provide value to our customer and our Company
- Analyze Point of Sales data and overlay with national data (IRI/Nielson) to help support the Convenience Team in achieving distribution, shelving, promotion and pricing objectives
- Support development of the category story and provide data to show how Bic can help win with retailers and consumers
- Support Business Development Manager and Vice President for monthly POS, sell-in/sell-out reporting and business forecasting
- Make 4P recommendations to the Convenience Team on based on fact-based detailed analysis
- Leverage Shopper Insights to deliver fact-based solutions to address business challenges
- Cross-functional conduit of information, both written and verbal
- 2-5 years of Analytical experience (in a sales analyst/category analyst/business analyst type of role) within the Consumer Products industry is required
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience with a national Data system (IRI/Nielsen/etc.) is required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required
- Skilled at V-Lookups and Pivot Tables is a must
- Experience with Shopper Insights is a plus
- Strong understanding of personal career goals and upward movement
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, proactive, career-focused
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.