Security Manager, Group IT Infrastructure and Operations
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
This IT Security Manager will play a critical role in advancing the capability and maturity of IT cybersecurity and risk management. The IT Security Manager will be responsible for development, implementation and ongoing monitoring of a comprehensive enterprise cybersecurity program. The program is intended to maintain the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of BIC’s IT systems, data, and assets.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for planning and implementing security safeguards and standards
- Ensure access control, endpoint management, and vulnerability management are current and implemented with enterprise grade solutions
- Protect unauthorized use and access to corporate and personal; enforce adherence to compliance standards (GDPR, PII, PCI)
- Lead response team to contain, investigate, remediate, and prevent cybersecurity incidents
- Help create enterprise-wide security awareness and security training to educate our workforce against potential security threats
- Participate in developing a change management process and review board
Projects You’ll Work On:
- Implementation of an enhance endpoint protection solution
- Completion of multi-factor authentication rollout and adoption
- ISO 27001 certification
- Creation of a security operations center (SOC)
- Lead a cybersecurity capability benchmark assessment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, information security or engineering
- Minimum 10 years of IT experience with a minimum of 4 years of experience in cybersecurity
- CISSP or CISM certification considered a plus
- Experience building and operating cybersecurity programs in a global organization
- Experience with current cyber threat landscape, attack methodologies, risk mitigations and remediation methods
- Experience with data privacy regulations (GDPR, PII) and compliance (PCI) preferred
- Experience of security frameworks such as NIST preferred
- Available for occasional international travel
- Team and collaboration orientation
- Effective written/verbal communication skills
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.