Finance Analyst, Global FP&A
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Finance Analyst works with the group FP&A team to deliver sound business analysis on a global scale.
Major Duties / Responsibilities of Job include:
- Provide monthly and with each rolling forecast analysis of price, volume & mix (PVM).
- Prepare analysis of variances Actual vs prior forecasts for full P&L.
- Provide comprehensive analysis, and reporting of key metrics such as price, productivity, inflation.
- Analyze financial statements to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes summarizing current and projected financial drivers.
- Create actionable reports that identify and describe variances and opportunities.
- Deliver real-time value driven insights by incorporating data visualization to bring out insights that may lie buried in data.
- Responsible for synthesizing large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers.
- Develop and analyze key performance indicators for working capital and cash to ensure there are no risks.
- Foreign Exchange Analysis – prepare summary reports for all Fx related activities such as I/Co sales, Economic, Fx by currency.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field of study is required
- 1-5 years of financial analysis experience is required
- Experience with variance analysis and making recommendations based on that analysis is required
- Experience in the Consumer Goods industry is preferred
- At least 1 year of experience with the company-wide financial analysis at a global, public company is preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and with international (global) team members as well. Characteristics include the ability to deal with ambiguity, embrace different approaches and cultures.
- Proven mathematical, analytical, research, and quantitative skills. In addition, candidate must have an inquisitive approach to analysis.
- Strong decision-making, organizational and problem–solving skills are essential as well as the ability to work effectively in a deadline intensive environment (must be able to multi-task)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentations
- Technical Proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as Excel and other computerized financial reporting systems such as Cognos and HFM
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.