Senior Manager, Channel Expert, Modern Trade
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Channel Expert focused on Modern Trade to join our Commercial Strategy Global Center of Expertise. The two primary focus areas of this role are:
1. Lead the Channel Expert function within the Commercial Strategy Center of Excellence, with accountability for development and implementation of global Modern Trade channels strategies, aligned with BIC Commercial objectives, via:
- The development of profitable channel models within the Modern Trade universe, across all categories & regions
- The creation of tools and processes for in-market optimization and team capability development
- The support of Modern Trade business development in select countries
2. Proactively and collaboratively animate a network of Modern Trade sales experts across the Company to determine and share strategies that can effectively be used as a lever to grow business, revenue and improve profit for the organization.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define channel guidelines & strategies to grow the business
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the area of Modern Trade for the company
- Develop a Modern Trade Channel community and host quarterly “Channel Forums” with regions, country & other function reps for guidance, governance and support with the objective of spreading the channel expertise, animating a sales network, leveraging best practice and aligning teams on goals and directions
- Support countries through dedicated local projects, collaborate with central functions, and lead global projects to accelerate BIC's presence development in select whitespaces
- Collaborate with internal Commercial Capability team to develop global frameworks (Top to Top decks, JBP tools,…) and dedicated training programs to upskill commercial sales teams
- Participate in Sales Efficiency projects (eg. Salesforce Automation roadmap and deployment)
- France: BAC +5 / Business School (Ecole Supérieure de Commerce)
- USA: Bachelor’s degree + Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 10 + years of business experience in Sales/Commercial role within CPG company, with at least 5 years of prior Sales and Account Management experience in Modern Trade in a Business Unit required.
- Data-driven mindset, appetence for dashboards and fact-based decisions
- Project management/organization: ability to develop strategies associated to clear action plans
- Strong interpersonal, selling skills and capability to communicate & influence effectively different level of people inside/outside of organization; ability to build strong, collaborative relationships with cross-functional stakeholders of all levels to generate “pull” vs. “push” dynamic
- Change Management mindset
- Fluent business English (global role)
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.