International Logistics Coordinator
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Responsible for auditing and reporting freight invoice discrepancies for rates outside of contracted agreement. Responsible for supporting key business drivers enabling the flow of import and export goods to and from distribution and manufacturing locations. Ability to review and communicate issues and or errors impacting operations or expected results.
- Audit Freight invoices to determine difference between contracted rates and actual charged rates. Prepare and report findings in an itemized excel format. Summarize and discuss variances with management for resolution.
- Code freight invoices with appropriate cost centers/product category
- Process EDI import and export kick outs by reviewing data outside of normal tolerance settings
- Support logistics and compliance related corrective measures based on monthly or quarterly reviews of KPI’s
- Manage assigned Import and Export Country accounts. Support Planning and Deployment teams on issues or inquiries related to assigned accounts.
- Backup daily operational functions to cover team members out of the office
- Perform monthly internal self-assessments for Import and Export documents and/or entries by reviewing Import Customs entries, commercial invoices, and supporting documentation to report errors, and missing documents, to determine requests to management for post summary amendments
- Maintain record retention for compliance initiatives, such as: proof of bill of lading departure dates, TSCA forms and free trade agreements.
- Create standard operating procedures for new processes/system features/tasks
- Produce Hazardous Material documentation based on Export requests
- Review AS 400 LogPro kick outs to resolve unconfirmed Export orders
- Reconcile Account Statements from providers/ freight forwarders to ensure timely payments of invoices within proper payment terms. Work closely with the Finance department to maintain consistency in meeting due dates.
- File International claims for damaged and/or lost product or containers
- Other duties as assigned by manager & supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 2-3 years of related work experience or education in International Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations Management
- Action oriented, results driven
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and implement corrective action with timely follow up
- Capability of accomplishing day to day tasks utilizing various enterprise software systems
- Basic competencies in Microsoft Word and Excel
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.