Manager: Senior Project Manager, Group IT, Corporate Functions
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
This role will play a critical role in advancing the capability of Corporate Functions to meet the organization's effectiveness and growth targets, especially for NAM Finance users. This encompasses NAM Finance region (Accounting and Controlling) and Group Finance in BIC Corporation.
The responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and complete projects and initiatives for NAM region on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of the projects.
- Manage internal and external resources (business analyst, consultants, and developers). Manage related IT OPEX and CAPEX for NAM region under the responsibility of the CoE Manager.
- Act as partner for NAM and Group Finance. Support Business team on the coverage of analytical needs (example: Finance Commercial Dashboard, S2M, etc.).
- Evaluate new opportunities of improvement that meet the needs of Finance regional and global users.
- Work directly with internal customers to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
- Forge partnerships with all cross Group Functions areas across the company to reinforce and improve upon existing project and program methodologies that meet customer objectives, while creating value for all parties.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Conducts and facilitates effective project meetings, including issue tracking, status reports, and executive communications.
- Ensures problems are effectively escalated and crisis management activated, as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the project team and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Manages business requirements and helps prioritizing investments based on business benefits, IT and business constraints as well as Group IT Strategy and its imperatives;
- Establish and maintain relationships with business representatives
- Contribute as support to the CoE Manager on the definition of the IT Roadmap for Corporate Functions
- Meet with internal customers to clarify specific requirements of each project
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members' individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders as well as other staff members
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Actively participate in the project budgeting process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance &/or Information Technology, Business Administration, Project Management or other related fields;
- Master’s in business administration preferred;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Finance &/or IT roles within substantial organizations (FMCG companies a plus);
- Previous experience in the Geographical Area of reference: North America,
- Experience in managing and developing people;
- Availability to business trips 5-10% of the time;
- IT acumen;
- IT environment and Commercial / Data ecosystem knowledge;
- Strategic thinking and planning;
- Operational execution excellence;
- Strong Negotiation and Problem-Solving skills;
- Team and collaboration orientation;
- Performance driven;
- Effective written/verbal communication skills;
- International mindset;
- Enthusiasm and commitment to excellence with a result-oriented approach;
- A fast learner who rapidly moves up the learning curve and wants to continue to take over new responsibilities;
- Ethical and strong personal values;
- Fluency in French or Other Language is desirable;
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.