NATIONAL KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER - Modern Mass Market
- Milan, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The National Key Account Manager contributes to our Vision and Values by achieving assigned sales forecast objectives at national level. Responsible for maximizing the business potential in a sustainable way, developing the fasting growing channels, being the best partner and consultant to our customers according to our policy.
What You'll do:
- Develop and display a concrete understanding of:
- Customers’ and channels’ business environment, needs & strategy
- Market of reference
- Competitors' strategy
- BIC internal operating policy and procedure
- Manage an assigned portfolio of top local buying groups and international accounts within Modern Mass Market with focus on specialized channels (SS DRUGS, DISCOUNTS, DIY, Rack Jobbers…) for all categories. Meet or exceed customer OIS/NS & GP in line with company's/division’s budget.
- Manage customers' and buying groups' budgets (Year End Rebate/BDF funds) in line with company's/division's budget.
- Manage directly a Regional Account Manager responsible for the periferical customers part of the groups under the responsibility of the KAM
- Develop BIC business through targeted, creative and unique business plans/proposals taking into consideration long-term goals, strategies and results
- Proactively explore and unlock new opportunities to maximize growth
- Lead annual customer business plans, forecasts and P&L within given customers. Use investments to customer business with positive effect on ROI.
- Lead the yearly contract negotiation in accordance with BIC sales strategy. Negotiate agreements and counterparts within complex buying groups, build and maintain strong relationships and continuously improve cooperation with dedicated customers.
- Create and execute a promotional strategy leveraging the customer´s proposition.
- Teamwork with field sales people (RAM and Sales Representatives) in order to cooperate on customers’ or buying groups’ overall results
- Closely interact and effectively collaborate with other departments and teams such as (Marketing, BDM, Supply Chain, Finance, Account Receivables
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Min 4 years of experience in a National Account position, with a strong focus on specialized channel, trade marketing and category management.
- Excellent level of Italian language both spoken and written
- Excellent level of English language both spoken and written
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Exposure with Trade Marketing & Category Management projects will be highly appreciated
- Goal-oriented attitude
- Analytic skills in understanding customers trends and define main areas of intervent and/or opportunities
- Strong commercial thinking and business orientation
- Strong teamworking skills, including inclination towards co-working with field sales force and cross-functional collaboration
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.