Regional Account Manager - Modern Mass Market
- Madrid, Spain
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
As a Regional Account Manager for “Área Centro Div 3000 SP”, in Spain, for the Modern Mass Market division, you will be member of the REGIONAL SALES team reporting directly to the Field Sales Manager Div 3000 Spain.
In this position you will be responsible for the management of the regional customer’s based in Madrid area and surroundings, for the three BIC categories: Stationery, Lighters and Shavers, in the Modern Mass Market, Drugstore Channel as well as specialized distributors. Some of the accounts may have a national distribution.
You will report directly to the Field Sales Manager, inform him/her about your activities, results, and experiences on the field.
In this role, you will:
- Manage and develop customer relations and develop the distribution of BIC products generating sales growth in line with BIC Iberia marketing & sales strategy (enforcement of listings, assortment extensions, appropriate placements, and recommended sales prices) as well as BIC sales policy.
- Set up commercial objectives and business plans by customer and clearly define commercial budgets/forecasts.
- Extend existing business & build up new business as opportunities arise, support & develop customers incl. the execution of annual negotiations, quotation preparation, (catalogue) listing negotiations, promotion & activation plans;
- Develop and executes short/mid and long-term strategies per account aligned with the company strategy.
- Ensures future business through constant and complete prospecting within the sales area.
- Negotiate with local buyers for product ranges (get new listings and develop existing product selections) within defined limits and full in line with the European pricing & sales policy and establish commercial agreements.
- Develop product categories together with Marketing or the local Category Manager.
- Negotiate promotional plan and follow up of stock availability, pricing, and rebates.
- Manage customer product & sales forecast (regular, promotion) in line with the Forecast Team under the supervision of your direct manager.
- Negotiate and take orders directly when necessary.
- Follow Up of the orders till delivery along with the Customer Service department.
- Monitor customer budgets, financial statements (payments) as Year End Rebate and COOP through BIC’s internal Sales tools.
- Full responsibility for turnover and GP (incl. Sales budget)
- As product specialist, advises local buyers and store/shelf managers about our assortments, market figures and trends, competitors, etc. and provides them with professional support on their category development
- Identify customer needs and opportunities based on clear analysis of the market & customer (Nielsen / GFK figures)
- Development of the eCommerce channel in the given customers.
- Communicate constantly with other sales team members as well as with colleagues in other departments such as Marketing, Finance & Customer Service.
- Travel availability: Ensure the necessary time travelling on the field to visit customers as well as for market Observation (Bic & Competitors)
- Monitor retail prices and promotions in the stores and on the online channel of the given customers.
- Be alert to changes in the local market and signals coming from end users, customers and buyers and competitor activities.
- To share Customer meetings' summary with your direct Manager after every meeting through Meeting Report docs
- Essential qualification: Master degree or equivalent, with a minimum of 2 - 3 years sales & account management experience in FMCG.
- Language: Native Spanish and English Business level
- Expected Experience: Sales Account Management roles for regional accounts in FMCG market. Knowledge of the market and the customers.
- Required Business Skills: PC skills especially in MSOffice Package; Excel and PowerPoint is a must. Microsoft Teams is a Plus
- Driving License B (car).
- Personality and Competency:- Effective Communication in verbal, writing and presentation. Excellence in selling skills and effective expertise in closing negotiation and completing deals.
- Business and result orientated with proven negotiation skills and strong relation building attitude.
- Able to implement clear sales & marketing plans in line with group policy.
- Sense of priority, well-structured and organized. Analytical, confident and ability to work under pressure.
- Good contact external & internal, strong team player
- Ready to deal with reporting and administrative work
- Respecting procedures and processes
- Able to work autonomously
- Promotes teamwork and inclusion
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.