Junior Office Manager
- Lagos, Nigeria
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Be the First Point of Contact of BIC Nigeria / LSNL Commercial office in Lagos
- Answering and transferring incoming phone calls & mail, receiving visitors to the office
- General admin tasks including, but not limited to: Some typing, Postage, ordering supplies (stationery, papers, refreshments. etc)
- Support in organization of events, booking travel, hotels etc. Arranging meetings & appointments
- Support in organization of general office duties & maintenance.
- Safety audit for the office premise
- Upkeep of Daily attendance sheets
- Compilations & Filing of administrative forms e.g. Sickness & Absenteeism, record of distribution of company assets (phone/car) etc
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience of receptionist in a professional customer-facing organization
- Experience of light 'office management' duties preferred
- History of organizing events & meetings
- Evidence of keeping records & files for office-based duties
- Experience & attitude more important
- Basic level of education as a minimum e.g. High School Diploma
- Fluent in English (and comprehensible) is essential
- Yoruba and/or any other local dialect preferred but not essential
- French is an advantage
Professional / On the job skills:
- Customer facing skills. How to deal with external customers & agencies in a professional manner
- Able to demonstrate strong organizational skills through previous experience i.e.
- How to organize & coordinate events, meetings, agendas
- How to keep regular records well filed
- Basic Microsoft Office software skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Highly organized
- Professional approach to work
- Friendly & outgoing
- A Team player willing to 'join in'
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.