Human Resources Manager- Group functions
- Clichy, France
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Human Resources Manager supports functional Leaders of Group Functions and their Team members and play an essential HR coordination role in Clichy, European HQ hosting approx. 500 multi-business units’ employees.
Additionally, the role is assigned diverse HR projects , thus contributing to the global HR roadmap and initiatives.
He/she reports directly to the HR Director Group Functions and collaborates closely with the Senior Social Relations Manager.
His/her main missions are:
· Understands the challenges and strategies in every Group functions as well as the Clichy site Roadmap – supports operations related to social relations activities
· Provides guidance/counselling on the most efficient and adequate organization in line with the business goals and the capabilities needed
· Contributes to the Operating Plans, the budget cycles and reviews of each of the functions supported
· Elaborates and drives a people plan (organization, team member development, succession) for his/her perimeter, in synch with the Group Talent Development orientations
· Collects a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each organization and builds associate action plans
· Reflects the main metrics on the HR, guarantees the quality and the accuracy of the HR data, maintain organization charts updated
· Develops a good knowledge of the team members of his/her perimeter and acts as the HR key contact
· Bring support and coaching to managers in their team management: to better deliver performance feedback, build development plans, create team dynamics…
· Contribute to identifying talents within the organization and developmental opportunities
· Drives the people/organization communication agenda throughout the year
Leverages on the COEs HR to deliver the best experience to our candidates and team members and more specifically:
o Engages with TA on each hiring process and provide feedback to the hiring managers
o Optimizes BIC University training offer
o Manages our levelling/job classification system
o Monitors our benefits offer across countries
o Proactively shares his/her specific expectations for support/project for the functional/COE departments
HR PROCESSES AND COMMUNICATION
- Designs the annual training plan based on the development plans of team members, in alignment with the business orientations
- Leads with the Group functions management the performance calibration meetings
- Runs the Total Rewards agenda with the objective of differentiating performance, recognizing talent, addressing internal and external consistency
- Completes the Talent Review and Succession plans
- Deploys Group process of Engagement survey and supporting managers for action plans
- Provides a constant view on headcount and HR costs in liaise with Finance
- Supports his/her client groups for underperformance management and disciplinary actions (or termination of contracts)
- Manages/coordinates employee relations
- Liaises with the Europe Communications team to ensure internal communication on team members and people initiatives
- Ensures/secures HR compliance in all countries
CONTRIBUTION TO /LEAD ON PROJECTS
· He/she will be responsible for projects liaising with COEs HR and business units HR business partners.
· He/she will play an active role in the HR transformation, with the objective of a global HR information systems participate in diverse local or Group projects in all these fields.
Some international travel may be occasionally required to best cover her/his geographical perimeter.
- Relevant studies in Human Resources, Law or Business Administration
- Good command of the French social legislation and employee relations
- Ideally at least 8 years of professional experience in HR or the business, minimum 4 as an HRBP for a pan-European/International population with regular interactions with Leaders and Senior business managers
- Fluent in English and French
- Experience in FMCG, CPG or Retail companies preferable
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to challenge and have an impact on decisions
- Business acumen
- Able to work Autonomously
- Very good team player
- A sense of service to internal clients
- Pragmatic, structured and with excellent organizational skills
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.