Accounts Payable Officer
- Lagos, Nigeria
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Clarifying questionable invoice items, prices, or approving signatures.
- Preparing vouchers listing invoice number, date, vendor address, item description, amounts and coding per accounting policies and procedures.
- Clarifying questionable invoice items, prices or receiving signatures.
- Obtaining proper information and data regarding invoice payments
- making provision accrue for rent, insurance, utility bills, and other recurrent expenses.
- Ensure that all related taxes are deducted, filed with relevant tax authority, and remitted.
- Oversee all payment transactions such as wires, transfers and so on.
- Oversee data entry, validation, and processing of invoices like general overhead, subcontractor, and employee travel reimbursements.
- Analysis of invoice and expense reports to see which payments to finalize
- Administration of the petty cash by recording entries, documentation of receipts etc.
- Maintenance of accounting payables ledgers
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices, check vendor files for any previous payments and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used.
- Inspect paid and unpaid invoices including cleared payment inquiries and check voiding to maintain accurate files and records according to company standards.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for financial information, records and documents to ensure easily available information.
Monitor account balances, track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports
KEY PERFOMANCE INDICATORS
· General ledger integrity – Ensuring GL is in tandem with sub ledger
· Successful implementation and adherence to internal controls and external audit and IT recommendations;
· Real time posting of vendors invoices in Sage
· Effective management of AP and resolution of claims and queries;
· No discrepancies in ICO's;
· 100% reconciliation for Key Vendors Ledgers
· Accuracy and completeness of AP cash forecast
- Exposure to accounting processes, client servicing, etc.
- Learning how to organize, multitask and manage time.
· A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field preferred
· Five or more years of accounting experience
· Experience with leadership roles and display problem-solving capabilities.
· Intermediate computer skills with prior experience working with accounting software like Sage Evolution software.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with employees, superiors, and customers.
· Strong analytical and time management skills.
· Good presentation skills.
· Well planned, organized with keen attention to detail.
· FMCG experience will be added advantage
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.