Quality Inspector III
- Charlotte, NC, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
This position is responsible for a variety of product testing and reporting that supports the overall Quality team. This role will perform incoming Lighter & Shaver sample inspections to release full Lighter shipments to consumers that meet BIC quality standards. It Is critical this role is responsible for detailed and accurate data entry and reporting, supporting R&D to testing of new and modified products, as well as conducting Shaver testing for marketing promotions. This role requires competent use of quality equipment for testing, including cycle machine, table gauge, Instron, microscope, and balance.
- Conduct Final Incoming Inspections on Lighter products
- Cross train for Incoming Inspections of bulk and packaged products
- Documentation must be complete and accurate
- Follow documented checklists to conduct inspections
- Analyze packaging processes, products packaged & materials used
- Be able to make sound judgment decisions based on knowledge and training
- Operating and maintaining testing equipment used on Lighter products
- Accurate data entry and record-keeping
- Submitting reports on quality data for products
- Participate in Field Audit process for North America
- Quality testing for Shaver products
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 2-4 years of Quality Inspection experience
- Instron and CQT training are preferred
- Strong communication and interaction skills – team environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as part of a team
- Decision-making skills
- Must be able to lift up-to 28 pounds multiple times a day
- Must be able to use hand jack
- Moderate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word required – able to work with formulas and accurately report data
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.