Production Manager - Nigeria
- Sagamu, Nigeria
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Schedule and monitor execution of all operations and processes in the factory
- Prepare production plans and report on achievement against plan
- Prepare monthly operation reports aligned to the defined KPI’s and track against budget
- Develop strategies to increase productivity and production efficiency
- Analyze production metrics and data to determine areas to improve
- Map head count to optimize plant operations cost effectively
- Oversee daily factory floor operations
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety regulations
- Report and track expenses to reduce costs
- Ensure all compliance needs are fully met
- Practice conflict resolution among section and employees
- Ensure all legal requirement company safety procedures and regulation are met
- Optimal and timely Production capacity mapping /resource mapping
- Availing budgeted Bic Volumes
- Factory spends within budget
- Achievement of targeted Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Continuous improvement savings
- Minimal Scrap level
- Ensuring Compliance i.e. HSE policies and procedures
- Demonstrate safety leadership in his/her daily management by communicating and maintaining the health and safety standard for his/her department
- Drive the permanent elimination of unsafe acts of people and unsafe conditions by providing necessary resources to identify, evaluate and control risks of injury or illness
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are met
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
Experience in FMCG is highly desirable
Experience in Plastics (Injection Molding) is mandatory
Master’s in Business Administration or Management is an added advantage
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.