Quality Systems Engineer (Fixed-Term Contract)
- Anixi, Greece
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Quality Systems Engineer is responsible for the management of the incoming inspection for raw, secondary & packaging materials for Shavers Factory. Furthermore, the jobholder assists in the maintenance of all the activities included in the QMS perimeter and undertakes projects of medium scale or sub-tasks of projects of larger scale.
- Monitor the implementation of the incoming inspection for Shavers Factory.
- Investigate the suppliers’ non-conformities, collect the relevant samples and communicate the Non – Conformance Reports to suppliers.
- Monitor all the activities within the Quality Management System (QMS) perimeter and report on any deviations identified.
- Create the specifications for raw, secondary & packaging materials for both Blade & Shavers Factories and/or update existing ones when necessary.
- Undertake projects of medium scale or sub-tasks of projects of larger scale depending on the objectives set for the current year.
- Technical Institute Degree in Engineering, Materials Science or any other related discipline, will be considered as a prerequisite
- 5-7 years of working experience in Quality Assurance Department, will be considered as a prerequisite
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 & ISO 22716, will be considered an asset
- Excellent knowledge of English language (both written and verbal)
- Advanced PC literacy (especially MS Office)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Sufficient soft skills like teamwork, time management (meet deadlines), results orientation, critical thinking, adaptability, project oriented
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.