Video Studio Intern
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Our Communications team is responsible for telling the BIC story by cultivating BIC’s reputation and brand loyalty internally and externally. As a member of the Comms team, the candidate will work with the video producer assisting in the development and creation of internal communications.
The perfect candidate is both a team player and self-starter and can come up with creative, innovative ideas to inform, motivate, and inspire team members; assist executives while in the video studio; and work alongside the team in creating new visual ways to tell our brands story.
Main Responsibilities/ Tasks
- Post-Production editing
- Supporting video shoots
- Content design
- Day-to-day administration as needed
Key project areas will include
- Developing a monthly summer global content series.
- Executive-level video production
- Graphic design
- General content development (documents, guides, templates)
- In pursuit of a Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution in Communications, Broadcast Journalism or Graphic Design
- Proficient in non-linear video editing (Adobe Premiere preferred)
- Graphic Design experience (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Production Studio, working with a green screen, camera, microphones & lighting proficiency
- Animation experience (After Effects)
- Experience working with remote communication software (Teams)
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organized, detail-oriented, team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Desire to go the extra mile & see a project from concept to delivery
- Video Production
- Broadcast Journalism/PR
- Graphic Design
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.