Maintenance Technician - Refrigeration /Compressors/ General electrical and Mechanical skills
- Nairobi, Kenya
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carryout Preventive and Corrective maintenance of utilities and other equipment as per the laid down schedules
- Perform condition-based maintenance on utilities and other equipment and report any abnormality to the line Manager
- Carry out Electrical and Mechanical Maintenance of utilities and other machinery as assigned by the Line Manager
- Ensure efficient utilization of available spares and account for spares and tools after any given service or repair
- Always follow Safe Work Procedures and ensure good housekeeping in the work area
- Adhere to work professionalism and familiarize with existing Factory/Facility operation procedures
- Update all the relevant Machine job cards, logbooks and Machine tags as required
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the line Manager
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely scheduled/breakdown repairs.
- Meet targeted Mean Time To Repair (M.T.T.R) & Mean Time Before Failure (M.T.B.F) metrics
- Meet targeted overall equipment effectiveness (O.E.E)
- Zero work related Accidents/Incidences
- Increased utilities’/Machines’ life—Zero forced Utilities’ deterioration
- Simplified processes
- Tech-3 Cert/Diploma in Engineering
- In-depth proven practical knowledge and experience in areas of utilities/ other machines repairs and maintenance
- Ability to demonstrate systematic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to participate in failure investigation and root cause analysis and close out corrective actions
- Strict adherence to company standards and safety procedures
- 5+ years previous experience in utilities/ Other Equipment maintenance in a busy factory set up
- Experience in industrial chillers, compressors, cooling towers and air conditioning systems is an added advantage
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.