NAM Commercial Operations Project Manager
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
This position will be responsible for North America projects primarily in Supply Chain. This role will act as a business partner to key North America business leaders. The NAM CP Project Manager will work in a cross functional matrix, with regional and global reach. The ideal candidate will work with subject-matter-experts and key stakeholders to improve current processes and develop new capabilities. The ideal candidate will leverage Supply Chain knowledge and have a process improvement mindset to challenge current ways of working to optimize inventory and distribution channels. The role will incorporate basic project management principles of setting timelines, assign responsibilities, and monitor progress of project. Report status of projects to North America leadership team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works on Supply Chain projects to include distribution optimization, inventory management, SKU rationalization, lead time in order to ensure overall business process improvements
- Plan, monitor, and control project schedule, budget and resource mapping throughout the project lifecycle.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to prioritize projects, address project changes, and evaluate options. Including resource allocation and execute timelines based on business needs and requirements.
- Provides clarity on accountability where roles or tasks overlap.
- Identify manage and mitigate risks to reduce negative impact on deliverables for North America Commercial operations.
- Facilitate resolution and drive decisions across project teams, functional managers and upper management.
- Build teamwork within the project teams but also across departments, and external partners (customers/vendors) that impact the success of the project.
- Create and publish a dashboard of key indicators of progress that can easily be referenced by team members and stakeholders.
- Leads cross functional meetings; plans and distributes agendas, informs, facilitates Q&A, healthy debates, problem solving discussions, and general communication.
- Provides timely accurate reporting and documentation; provides post-launch analysis and reviews successes/failures, and shares lessons learned.
- Works closely with all levels of the organization to ensure that best practices and continuous improvement are a part of our culture.
- Understand and execute on supply chain strategy and goals created in collaboration with all stakeholders
- Manage projects and deliver solutions on time, on budget and on scope, respecting quality standards.
- Manage project resources (Internal and External).
- Provide direction and clearly communicate deliverables to internal & external, cross-functional team members.
- Proactively manage all key milestones of development and execution to ensure deliverables are met.
- Maintain project trackers.
- Responsible to identify/collect, scope, filter/prioritize then pilot/implement all Supply Chain developments that deliver the most profitable returns on investment, in line with legal, budget and Group Supply Chain directions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong Supply Chain knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies and lean tools required.
- Extensive experience in project management software and Microsoft Teams
- Successful experience in leading / facilitating cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong project management skills including Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closing Projects.
- A change agent, someone who is always looking to make continuous improvements to a product or process.
- Ability to lead and influence in working with cross functional teams through roadblocks and issues that would impede progress are required
- Demonstrated strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management (project management certificate preferred)
- Confirmed Project Management experience
- Must have experience in dealing with stakeholders at various levels within the organization
- Proven Presentation and Facilitation skills
- Supply Chain knowledge, and specifically Distribution and Inventory Management
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.