IT Business Analyst Co-Op
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units and the information technology department.
- Produce high level and detailed IT specifications on functional issues within his/her domain.
- Perform application testing once the program has been developed (the BA does not actually perform programming but supports the programmer in case clarification of the specifications is needed)
- Perform end user training
- Perform end user support level 2 & 3
- Utilize the appropriate technologies and ensure that customers have the solutions they need, when they need them to meet their requirements.
- Gathering data and analyzing business and user needs in consultation with end users.
- Be a trusted counterpart on functional issue, interacting smoothly with employees up to level 2.
- Organize and facilitate meetings/workshops with up to 5 participants
- From zero to 2 years of experience
- Pursuing a University degree either in Management Information Systems or other related major.
- No prior need for specific business area experience. The most relevant qualification relates to the demonstration of the ability to perform the required activities as outlined above.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ability to document project requirements, plans and coordinate among multiple individuals
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in teams
- Passion for technology
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.