Europe Product Manager Lighters (CDD 6 months)
- Clichy, France
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
The Product Manager Lighters is responsible for developing and implementing the annual marketing plans at European level for the category, incorporating all aspects of marketing mix, while securing a profitable growth for BIC and an increasing consumer preference for our brand.
Main Responsibilities / Tasks
1. Contributes to the Global strategy definition for Lighters, incl. market & consumer intelligence, ensuring relevance for EU
2. Defines category targets and Marketing objectives for EU, and develops Marketing plans in the framework of Global strategy and long-term category vision
3. Is responsible for product portfolio management, recommending the appropriate product mix and price positioning for innovations based on EU customer and consumer needs
4. Based on his range awareness and consumer & market understanding, he/she proposes portfolio evolutions to the Category Team and translates Global tools into EU toolkits.
5. As expert of his portfolio, he/she uses his/her expertise to challenge and support local Marketing teams in the implementation of plans
6. Is responsible for budget setting, control and reporting
7. Develops EU promotional initiatives (decors, displays, …) and coordinates local initiatives implementation
8. Constantly communicates, collaborates and aligns with Lighters Category and other departments (i.e. legal, communication teams, …) in order to ensure smooth implementation of plans
9. Champions EU needs and encourages Best Practices sharing
Key Performance Indicators / Key Figures
- Market share, OIS, Net Sales and GP
- Post-graduate Degree in Marketing or Business Administration
- 3-5 years of experience in Marketing positions in FMCG companies, with ideally both a local experience and exposure to more than one country
- Knowledge of sell out databases (i.e. Nielsen, IRI, …)
- Excellent level of English both spoken and written – another EU language will be a plus
- Solid MS Office skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- P&L management
- Demonstrated cross-functional project and product management expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and critical thinking
- Other skills : analytical and strategic thinking and marketing plan development
Core Competencies: Strategic Agility, Engages Others, Drives for Results
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.