General Manager, New Business Development
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Our General Manager, New Business Development will deliver and manage novel & breakthrough business opportunities that are outside of BIC's core market segments or road to market to fill strategic growth territory gaps identified by BIC thanks to new partnerships, design thinking methodologies, landscaping of technologies, and new business models.
- Deliver and manage new business opportunities outside of the scope of BIC's current market segments and route to market such as New Category, radical new product with novel technology, alternative route to market / channel and new business models
- Partner with Strategy and Business Development Team on Growth Horizon Strategy to support and pursue M&A initiatives
- Own the development of ideas / concepts to Business Cases outside BIC core through process and workshops / design sprints (Design Thinking) that lead to innovative business propositions
- Own the sourcing and management of global innovation partnerships and new technologies outside of Core Tech
- Lead and collaborate with Global Innovation Center on developing outside of core new technologies and product value propositions
- Collaborate and build the long-term strategic road map for NT to fuel new growth in target segments (Business, Product, Platforms, Partnerships, New Tech)
- Deliver and Manage the execution of New Business / 4th Category
- Bachelors Degree required; MBA preferred
- 10-12 years of mixed profile in General Management (GM) and Business Development roles having P&L responsibility with focus on building new businesses, new products and services propositions
- 3+ years of experience in M&A activities (synergy identification and integration)
- Executive gravitas and influencer to drive teams to an objective with cross-expertise (Tech, Business Consulting, Entrepreneurship)
- 5 years or more experience in innovative methodologies and innovative workshop design (Hackathons, design sprints etc.), design Thinking and Go-To-Market Strategies
- Entrepreneurial start up mindset, self-motivated with a high drive for results and growth mindset.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.