- 1 BIC Way, Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Import Export Anlayst is responsible for managing daily operations, coordinating the movement of products/equipment/materials in and/or out of the country in accordance with organizational policy and procedure, and in compliance with relevant local, country and international law. Responsibilities include the ability to work independently on assigned projects including metrics, utilization of outside resources, process improvements, and resolving exceptions. Key competencies for this position requires root cause analysis, adhering to internal controls and implementing corrective action as required to ensure compliance initiatives are maintained.
- Utilize ACE Customs portal to run various activity reports
- Report and evaluate data feeding the Power BI metrics based on utilization of imported containers and sourced country, utilization of tariff classifications, and duties paid in preparation for monthly meeting reviews
- Analyze EDI Broker bill imaging errors by reviewing data trends versus an acceptable tolerance to minimize errors related to the filing of entered goods, such as utilization of FTA’s and duties paid or owed.
- Manage the necessary documentation and forms for the lawful execution of all import/export activities
- Research NAFTA check lists to ensure product is eligible for NAFTA use by working closely with manufacturing suppliers to collect bill of material data along with revenue content and calculations Monitor C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) security profiles to support annual reviews
- Manage Self-Assessment goals; manage monthly self-assessment analysis by reviewing and reporting supplier, broker and record keeping errors & trends and working closely with the broker and suppliers for improvements
- Analyze and track Post Entry Amendments
- Work with freight forwarders to resolve irregular activity
- Analyze overages and shortages to determine impact and action required on overpayment or underpayment of duties and International claims
- Identify and implement continuous process improvements initiatives
- Coordinate and implement new lanes to properly align manufacturer with local agent for the movement of product to specified warehouse destinations
- Participate in testing new system enhancements
- Create standard operating procedures for new processes/system features/tasks
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Related work experience or education in International Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations Management
- Action oriented, results driven
- Demonstrated ability to identify issues and implement corrective action with timely follow up
- Capability of accomplishing day to day tasks utilizing various enterprise software systems
- Competencies in Microsoft Word and Excel
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC is an equal opportunity employer and committed to recruiting, developing and maintaining a diverse workforce in compliance with all applicable Human Rights legislation. The Company will endeavor to make reasonable accommodations up to the point of undue hardship, for disabilities made known to it by its employees and applicants.