Sr. Manager, Global eCommerce
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
We are seeking a Sr. Manager, Global eCommerce to join us in the newly created eRetail & Digital Marketing Center of Expertise for BIC International. Through planning, execution, and collaboration, he/she will be responsible for leading cross-functional efforts to develop best practice fundamentals and accelerated capabilities needed to win with top Global eRetail Pure Play customers like (but not limited to) Amazon. This person will also lead the development of new eCommerce offers for sustainable eCommerce channel growth. This role requires rigorous application of Product Management principles, methods, and processes to uncover, develop, define, and communicate ideas, features, functions and products with tight collaboration with in-marketing business partners and other central teams such as pricing, R&D, supply chain and global marketing.
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing Global Pure Play customer landscape and prioritize where BIC has the greatest opportunities to drive growth
- Prior experience of Pure Player partnership with Amazon
- Developing 4P foundational best practice playbooks and forums to share best practices to mobilize markets for top Global Pure Play customers – tailored by key BIC category segments
- Partnering and leading strong collaboration with in-market key account eCommerce leads
- Developing and leading global Pure Play customer relationships and contracts in tight connection with local market eCommerce leads
- Delivering Global KPI and business performance reporting and insights to support select markets in optimizing and accelerating online growth with Global Pure Players
- Developing eCommerce product and solutions vision, strategy, and activation assets for the execution by markets across eCommerce channels
- Driving product roadmap projects which achieve the success metrics for the offers (with a strong focus on unique selling offers on eCommerce channels)
- Understanding and representing consumer needs unique to eCommerce channels and translating them into actionable assets for in market teams to leverage and activate
- Collaborating and forming strong business relationships with internal and external partners
- Collaboration with Amazon sales platform
- Working closely with global marketing/R&D teams to accurately define, validate, and release new products / offers
- Managing cross functional collaboration and projects with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chains, Categories, Packaging, Acquisition and Development teams
- Sharing insights, learnings, plans and performance with key stakeholders including Sr. Leadership
- Preferred 5-7+ years of digital / eCommerce and/or product management experience
- Key account management or direct work experience with Global eCommerce Pure Player
- Preference for someone with extensive Amazon pure player experience
- Strong marketing background, ideally with a focus on online product management and consumer marketing
- Extensive business knowledge and understanding of consumer goods eCommerce market
- Strong project management skills to manage numerous projects in a very time constrained environment with different departments and the ability to lead major projects to execute on product line strategy and goals
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills as demonstrated by successful determination and execution of product strategies
- Strong analytical skills and experience turning insights into action for optimized business performance
- Strong collaboration skills
- Positive attitude, resilience to adversity, demonstrated conflict-management skills
- Interpersonal skills as the position will be dealing with Continents, Countries, Categories and potentially outside suppliers
- Excellent communication skills including written, oral, and active listening skills
- Ideally internationally and locally experienced with online sales and/or marketing and product development
- Fluent in English (French is a plus)
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.