Director of Finance, Group Commercial
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Finance Director of Group Commercial is responsible for supporting the strategic direction of the Commercial organization, overseeing operational financial activities and working in partnership with the finance leaders in each region. This role will serve as a business partner to Group Commercial Officer, contributing fully to the development of company strategy by challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate, and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers to generate short- and long-term profitable growth. A significant amount of this work will be done through engagement with regional general managers and their respective finance business partners.
- Bring transparency and provide insights on Group Commercial performance (including vs. ITF targets); support development of accurate Operating Plan and rolling forecasts (RF); build CapEx roadmap; and provide meaningful analysis on business drivers.
- Lead partnership with Group Supply Chain on sales and operations planning (S&OP) process.
- Control investments and ROI – drive effective resource allocation; identify and mitigate risks; support analysis and enforce guidance for quantifying return on investment; push team to deliver higher returns.
- Support implementation of horizon strategy.
- Bachelors in Finance/Economics required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of progressively responsible finance business partnering experience for an international corporation (high complexity with global operations across geographies and categories), with significant experience supporting commercial teams in consumer goods.
- Must have experience participating in S&OP process.
- Strong preference for M&A experience.
- Ability to effectively partner and communicate with commercial leaders, ROI analysis, pricing principles, understanding of route to market and managing customer terms and relationships, managing operating plans and operating forecasts, identifying and managing risks and opportunities.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.