Production Manager (2nd shift)
- Charlotte, NC, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
The Production Manager’s primary responsibilities will include working with the facility leadership in the daily management and coordination of packaging production operations while ensuring compliance with all labor, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations. These responsibilities will be carried out in a manner that consistently demonstrates the established visions and values of BIC.
The Production Manager will provide operational leadership for second shift, Monday through Friday, and occasionally Saturdays during our peak season. S/he will ensure effective and efficient operations and advance a culture of continuous improvement.
- Monitor and adjust product and process flow to ensure product meets quality and production operations standards.
- Review production plans to ensure maximum utilization of resources, while maintaining accuracy and efficiency.
- Provide direction, leadership, development, and support to packaging employees.
- Create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motivates employees.
- Ensure all proper procedures and documentation are in place for each shift.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure preventative maintenance and repairs of all systems and equipment to minimize downtime.
- Monitor production and quality, coordinate priorities, resolve issues and participate in special projects and work schedules.
- Demonstrate safety leadership in his/her daily management by communicating and maintaining the health and safety standard for the production area
- Drive the permanent elimination of unsafe acts of people and unsafe conditions by providing necessary resources to identify, evaluate and control risks of injury or illness
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are met
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our environmental footprint regarding waste production and energy and water consumption
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a role supervising others
- Must have demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to organize, develop, and build a team
- Must be hands on and customer service oriented: understand customer demands, customer service level expectations and execute to those demands with a sense of urgency
- Prefer experience with WMS (warehouse management systems) and JDE (JD Edwards) or other ERP applications
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Outlook & Word
- Bilingual English/Spanish proficiency is a plus
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.