Customer Service Lead
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Our Customer Service Lead is responsible for managing multiple assigned key accounts with a revenue impact of $50M - $100M+. Understanding internal and external customer requirements regarding order fulfillment will be an integral part of the job. This job will have responsibility to direct the activity of meeting the goal of shipping customer orders on-time as complete as possible. This job will have a high level of autonomy and responsibility to work cross-functionally and collaborate with internal stakeholders. Additionally, this job will require the CSL to participate in meetings with external customers and develop a well-rounded knowledge of the accounts they support.
- Responsible to understand key external customer events such as POG timing, ad activity, and BTS (Back To School).
- Interact with various departments which include: Sales, Marketing, Supply Planning, Credit, Compliance, and Legal.
- Attend weekly meetings to understand Sales and Marketing initiatives which impact external customers.
- Participate in external customer meetings including long term business planning meetings that provide account information. The knowledge gained will assist in developing insights and recommending actions to improve fill rates.
- Participate in customer site visits with the Sales Organization.
- Develop insights based on reviewing data such as fill rate to take proactive measures in maintaining external customer satisfaction. There is also a responsibility to understand the key account forecast and analyze data trends and performance to highlight and avoid potential service interruptions by item.
- Understand external customer web-sites and portals with the ability to update information and make data corrections.
- Establish a knowledgeable and credible presence with key accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Manage orders through critical stock issues, shipping conflicts, short lead-times, and product transitions to deliver on time and in full.
- Manage the activities of a non-exempt team member to ensure in-house orders ship on-time and as complete as possible.
- Oversee account activities that pertain to order management including making decisions about product availability and communicating plans to internal and external customers.
- Provide direction to direct report about product availability issues in resolving inventory challenges.
- It will be a key responsibility of this role to understand the impact of product availability issues and find the necessary solution for our customers.
- Partnering with the Supply team will be an integral part of this role and participating in the morning operations meeting will be key for information.
- Working directly with internal customers like the Traffic team to optimize shipments while reducing cost and improving customer service.They will be involved in lead-time analysis and gather data for key strategic decision making.
- This role is responsible to understand key account routing guides and maintain up to date knowledge of changes and updates.
- It is critical for this role to work with the compliance team, credit team and have a detailed understanding of all penalties associated with their accounts.
- Identify and implement compliance corrective processes.
- Work cross-functionally to follow up on reoccurring penalties and address open ended problems.
- Review and approve RGA’s (return goods authorizations) requested by the customer service support. RGA’s are entered into J.D. Edwards on a daily basis and it is important RGA’s are processed accurately and in a timely manner per SOP (standard operating procedures) and audit requirements.
- Reviewing updated SOP’s (standard operating procedures) for various processes in the customer service department.
- Managing assigned IT initiatives and projects from discovery phase through go live. This role will also write test scripts for IT projects and assure the users are properly trained understanding updates and changes.
- Responsibility to fully understand navigating external customer web-sites/portals for the customers they manage and at times support the Sales team to maintain data.
- This role will require a development plan for a direct report. There will be a responsibility to develop structured on the job training and a focus on improving a direct reports skills and capability.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of consumer packaged goods (CPG) preffered customer account management, customer service, and/or logistics
- Working knowledge of J.D. Edwards, Excel, and Cognos
- Ability to lead and direct others
- Able to develop direct report
- Computer proficiency needed; competent in Microsoft Office suite/Excel
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Analytical skills with attention to detail
- Able to meet deadlines
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.