Sr. Demand Planner
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Our Sr. Demand Planner will be in charge of building sales forecast for a large portfolio of items for USA business (25% to 30% of 1B$ business for USA). If needed, Sr. Demand Planner would act as representative in some events or situation when Demand Planning / S&OP Manager would not be available. Sr. Demand Planner will act as a coordinator for the other Demand Planners on the team.
- Coordinates the inter-functional resolution of day to day challenges related to demand and supply discrepancies and plays a leadership role in ensuring that there is effective "lessons learned" documentation.
- Drive continuous improvements by reviewing Demand Planning processes in cross functional teams and ensure the efficiency of the end-to-end process.
- Monitor process KPI's and diagnostics to assure continual improvement efforts.
- Train users and stakeholders on processes and systems.
- Act as Subject-Matter-Expert representing the department in various projects
- Own the Demand Plan Forecast: Accountable for producing a fact-based unbiased 18 month rolling forecast. Ensure the integrity of these forecasts and the timely hand-off to supply planning.
- Build and validate sales forecast at short, medium and long term for the North American market for a given category: statistical tool + qualitative info.
- Work in close collaboration with the local trade marketing manager, key account managers, customer service and HQ supply planning teams to improve sales forecasts.
- Lead monthly meetings with local teams (KAM, marketing) to validate sales forecast: KPI analysis, sales forecast review and promotions on a rolling months horizon, budget versus forecasts gap analysis.
- Coordinate actions that contribute to secure product availability, with a strong focus on TOP priorities (Key customers, Key promotions, Key product and new listings).
- Analyze and adjust history to reflect non-repeatable events, new items, cuts, allocations.
- Analyze sales forecasting and planning process for key customers.
- Follow up promotional operations & BTS actions.
- Consolidate and publish forecast data at the North American level by Category.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years’ experience in Demand Planning
- 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain
- Strong leadership mentality
- JDA knowledge preferred
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- Ability to challenge and convince his/her cross functional partners
- Well organized, management of priorities
- Decisive decision-making skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Pro-active problem-solving mentality
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, strong team player
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.