Domestic Transportation Analyst
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Domestic Transportation Analyst is responsible for compliance, transportation KPI’s, and invoice auditing. Key responsibilities include the ability to work independently on Domestic Transportation, Import Compliance, Metrics, and miscellaneous projects including, developing and maintaining documentation, resolving issues, and providing support to daily operations. This position will take quick ownership of key assignments, analyze data to understand the impact, and identifying root cause and corrective action.
- Responsible for key Customer Pick Up account management; working closely with Customer Service, routing orders on-time, coordinating requirements with the distribution centers, and recommending process improvements as needed
- Work closely with carriers to establish and maintain deliverables related to compliant on time deliveries and special ad hoc time critical requests
- Research freight bill audits to identify trends, corrective actions, resolve and prevent future issues
- Compliance management; research customer deductions by performing root cause analysis, developing sustainable corrective action, tracking and monitoring progress to reduce deductions, and communicate updates to various pertinent departments
- Prepare and review supporting documentation for Duty Drawback analysis
- Manage Reconciliation process to pay owed assists/duties to Customs
- Provide analytical support for projects, new business opportunities, and proposals
- Provide quotes for expedited shipments; ground, air, etc.
- Identify process improvements for existing procedures and revise or create standard operating procedures to align workload and team with required action, and/or to meet expected results
- Upload and maintain TMS/JDE system database for contractual pricing and sourced items
- Analyze transportation related customer deductions and recommend carriers to be used to meet customer expectations to prevent future issues/deductions
- Manage miscellaneous projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of three years of related transportation/logistics experience
- Strong work ethics and sense of urgency
- Must have excellent research skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of JDE One World, AS400, WMS, and TMS applications preferred
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook knowledge
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.