Manager, Global eCommerce - Digital Shelf
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Manager, Global eCommerce Digital Shelf will operate within the Digital & eCommerce COE and be responsible for the continuous improvement and reporting of the 5 key components of the Digital Shelf, globally. They will report to the Senior Manager, Omni/B2B/Marketplaces and work with all regions to improve BIC performance on SPARC! (Search, Pricing/Promotion, Assortment, Ratings and Reviews, and Content) and help accelerate sales growth across priority markets and accounts.
- Using global digital shelf tool, actively monitor BIC global performance against KPIs and prioritize areas of improvement
- Work closely with regional eComm leads to provide market and account-specific strategies for improving digital health and conversion
- In conjunction Sr. Manager, eCommerce Analyst, and local teams, help prepare Digital Shelf diagnostic for individual market/account-level “Accelerator” projects, leading individual Accelerator projects as needed
- Lead monthly reporting of Digital Shelf performance to senior management
- Collaborate with Global Content Factory to communicate specific market needs/requests for content development and help optimize conversion of our products online
- Help drive awareness and educate the organization on SPARC and add to culture of collaboration as we move toward digital transformation
- Support efforts to stand up new tools and local level capabilities that are required to improve digital shelf performance
- Serve as point of contact / lead coordinator for day-to-day market requests
- Support broader Digital CoE projects and initiatives as needed beyond digital shelf focus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years previous experience in eCommerce at a CPG, Amazon, or Omnichannel retailer – B2B experience a plus
- Experience/familiarity with tactics that can be used to strengthen digital shelf performance (i.e. SEO vs. SEM, digital content best practices, ratings and reviews, etc.)
- Solid MS Office skills – PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong project and product management expertise
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Independent and can operate with minimum supervision
- Track-record of success or illustrations of contributions made in areas of digital shelf, previous content management experience a plus
- Comfortable working across functions and with team members at any level
- Internationally curious – previous experience working on a global team and/or strong desire to be in a global role
- Demonstrated ability to flex management style/ways of collaborating based on individual market needs and level of Digital Shelf maturity
- Previous/Professional Experience/Technical Skills
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skills
- Strong intellectual curiosity and “start-up” mindset
- Has effectively driven influence among peers and those at higher levels
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.