Human Resource Business Partner
- Milford, CT, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
This position plays a key role in providing both strategic and tactical Human Resources support to develop and coordinate programs which directly support the achievement of business objectives. This position supports site managers in managing the day-to-day Human Resources functions with a strong focus on labor and employee relations. Other daily functions include training, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, employee engagement, recruiting and selection, and employment law compliance.
- Support all aspects of labor and employee relations including investigations; grievances; counseling to management, employees and associates; conflict mediation and resolution, etc.
- Actively prepare for and participate in upcoming collective bargaining negotiations, including:
- Compiling information and statistics on the economic and non-economic proposals of both labor and management.
- Preparing wage surveys and analysis.
- Taking on the role of note-taker during collective bargaining negotiations.
- Assisting in the drafting of Company talking points and contract proposals.
- Partner with site leadership to craft a world class manufacturing environment.
- Assist with the administering of established policies, procedures and labor agreement.
- Assess employee needs and whether the organization can fulfill them within the scope of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Participate in meetings between labor and management to discuss and attempt to resolve issues of mutual concern.
- Determine with site Leadership, develop and implement training programs to strengthen competencies and skill-sets across the business.
- Ensure compliance with BIC requirements.
- Responsible for remaining up-to-date on relevant federal employment laws and other human resources and labor relations compliance issues.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Confidential record maintenance.
- Manage recruitment effort for all personnel, both hourly and salaried.
- Manage new-employee orientations.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Industrial Labor Relations or related field is required and 3 – 7 years’ Human Resources experience.
- Related Previous Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of Human Resources experience including direct labor relations experience.
- A solid experience with human resources systems such as ADP is required.
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment is required, as well as exposure to manufacturing safety requirements and regulations.
- Prior participation in a collective bargaining negotiations also a plus.
- Experience working with global counterparts preferred.
- Ability to handle all the challenges connected to the role
- Must be available Monday to Friday from 8 to 5. And have flexibility beyond normal hours including availability on call for employee relations issues 24/7. Part-Time can be considered.
- Ability to deal with several issues simultaneously that demand pertinent attention.
- Knowledge of the laws, regulations and procedures regarding human resources and collective bargaining.
- Knowledge of techniques of data collection and interpretation.
- Proficient in using MS Office Products (i.e., MS Word, Excel).
Excellent oral and written communication skills, including impeccable note-taking skills
BIC offers competitive salary, health insurance and 401(k). Successful candidates require passing drug test and undergoing security check.
BIC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.