Senior Analyst Strategy & Business Development
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Analyst will be a key part of the Group Strategy & Business Development team to develop the corporate growth plan for BIC-- especially providing the foundational fact-base and analytics to support investment in key growth initiatives.
- Part of the team responsible for defining the long-term growth strategy for BIC
- Develop the strategic analysis (business, market, channel, competition analytics etc.) to support identification of growth and profit opportunities to shape the future of the company
- Develop the business cases to evaluate opportunities
- Support the development of materials to be presented to the Board of Directors, external investors and employees to communicate the biusiness strategy
Play an active role in developing the annual 3-year growth plan (3GP) to meet growth and profit goals
Lead aspects of the cross-functional effort (e.g. with Insights, Finance, Innovation, or competitive intelligence) to prepare the foundational data and business insights needed to fuel the annual 3GP
Coordinate with insights and FP&A leaders to summarize BIC performance trends
Take ownership of key modules, working collaboratively with the business to develop new strategic growth and profit enhancement opportunities – often pushing the business teams beyond their comfort zone
Set up and manage the tracking of 3GP initiatives across the company to support regular updates to ExCom - Identify process opportunities and better ways of working as neededed
- Lead or support a select number of key strategic initiatives
- Appl rigorous logic, analytics and business smarts to identify business opportunities
- Organize, structure, analyze and present large data sets, and complex analysis in an easily understood manner that can lead to actionable insights
- Champion new opportunities across the organization, working collaboratively to identify critical business needs and surface key roadblocks
Support the development of “strategic thinking” at BIC
Show case examples of strategic analysis for others to emulate
Proactive in searching for examples of strategic issues/ solutions from analog companies
Support a “competitive intelligence” council to draw on different pockets of competitive insights and apply them in a structured way to BIC’s issues
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years Strategy experience – strategy consulting or corporate strategy. (Corporate, business, portfolio or brand strategy, growth strategy)
- M&A/Finance experience may be relevant, but not essential
- Corporate experience highly valued
- Analytic problem solving. Consumer/brand insights a nice to have
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- French speaker a plus
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.