- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
Category Manager will work with US Headquarters and field sales teams to drive business growth with key retailers. The business mission is to achieve results that are mutually beneficial to BIC and to our retail customer(s). This position reports to our Team Leader, Category Management & Shopper Insights.
- The Category Manager will mine and leverage insights from a variety of data sources (ex. IRI POS & Panel data, retailer data, shopper insights, and custom studies) to provide category & shopper thought leadership, including the identification of 4-Ps (Product, Placement, Promotion, Price) opportunities for our customers and internal stakeholders.
- As a member of the Category Management team, this role will regularly interact with other team members to share category/shopper insights, analytic approaches/tools, story-telling, and best practices.
- The Category Manager will also provide insights to inform on channel/account specific strategies and address account-specific needs from HQ.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Strong proficiency in MS applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years of experience analyzing syndicated scanner and household panel data (IRI, A.C. Nielsen or other data sources)
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing data from various sources to provide insights and recommendations.
- Knowledge and proficiency using Space Management applications (JDA, Apollo, Spaceman or ProSpace)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for presenting insights and recommendations
- Strong competency in successfully managing multiple projects
- Ability to take initiative, identify key business needs, and recommend solutions with little direction
- Ability to learn new software and tools to improve effectiveness and efficiency in achievement of key responsibilities
- Interest in growing professionally in roles of increasing responsibility within Category Management or Sales-related positions
Apply Today! There has never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.