Director Strategy & Business Development
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Director Strategy & Business Development will develop, orchestrate and implement strategies to ensure BIC’s long-term growth and profitability. The role will work across BIC’s organization in the US, France and other countries to develop the long-term strategic plan and prioritize key strategic initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Partner with SVP Strategy & Business Development to develop of BIC’s corporate, global strategic growth plan, using fact-based analysis to identify growth and profit opportunities to shape the future of the company
- Lead cross-functional efforts across marketing, innovation, commercial, finance, etc. to prepare the analysis required to evaluate business and market opportunities. Turn strategic opportunities into a prioritized global plan linked to the financial plan
- Collaborate with senior leaders and their teams across the organization to set priorities, goals and implement the strategic initiatives, prioritizing resources required in collaboration with Finance
- Own the development of key strategic initiatives to give shape to new opportunities by applying rigorous fact-based logic, analytics and business smarts to identify key value drivers and lay the groundwork for success
- Champion new opportunities across the organization, working collaboratively to identify critical business needs and remove key roadblocks and enable
- Excel in developing and applying strategic and business analysis to unclear problems (i.e. using business, market, channel, competitive and financial analytics, applying consumer, brand and capabilities assessments, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in strategy consulting or corporate strategy/business development/brand strategy/growth strategy/transformation/turnaround/change management/global.
- Strategy consulting and corporate experience highly valued
- Analytic problem solving. Strategic smarts. Collaborative work style.
- Experienced in retail, consumer or brand.
- Based in Shelton, CT or Paris, France
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.