Senior Manager, Group Internal Communications
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Internal Communications Manager will be part of a dynamic global communications team and responsible for communications plans and activities that inform and engage team members around the world. Reporting to the Vice President/Head of Communications, the Senior Manager will support and drive the effectiveness of company-wide communications strategies through channels, content and events. The Senior Manager will oversee internal and agency teams in implementing programs and developing content, including speeches, announcements, events and videos. This individual will also play a key role in coaching executives on presentations and speaking opportunities.
The perfect candidate is both a team player and self-starter and can come up with creative, innovative ideas to inform, motivate, and inspire team members; skillfully manage and assist executives with their team communications; and get in the trenches to execute plans and make things happen. Manages direct reports.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Internal/Employee Communications
- Builds the strategy for proactively aligning team members around BIC’s vision, mission and business priorities
- Partners with the global communications team and HR team members to implement major internal initiatives and engagement activities such as town hall meetings, internal announcements, department reorganization communications, and other sensitive topics.
- Reviews, edits and approves employee announcements.
- Advises functional leaders on communications strategies and approaches.
- Drafts speeches and video content for internal announcements and events.
- Leads the re-imagination of BIC’s internal communications channels, including a new intranet, implementation of a refreshed internal visual identity, and internal social media tools.
- Leads quarterly corporate communications initiatives, such as managing content creation and coordination of global town hall meetings and writing/editing leader communications.
- Plays a key role in the vision, planning, and execution of the biannual leadership meeting.
- Ensures internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums and with external communication messages
- Responds to feedback from staff and adjusts communications content accordingly
- Maintains the BIC voice across all communications, written and verbal, and across company leadership
- Reputation Management/Issues & Crisis Communications
- Key member of Crisis Communications response team, coordinating the internal response and communications to issues and crises as required
- Bachelor degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or a related field required
- MS degree preferred
- 10-15 years of experience within public relations, employee communications or corporate communications at an agency or in-house (both is preferred).
- Experience managing a team.
- Journalism, consumer goods and working with an international team is a bonus.
- Experience in fast-moving industry within a heavily matrixed organization.
- Formal training and extensive experience in employee communications and advising executives in communications and reputation management
- Strong management and strategic planning and goal setting
- Ability to show visual communications and writing samples across a variety of communications channels
- Excellent visual, oral and written communication skills required
- Strong writer and editor. Creative visual storyteller. Inquisitive. Creativity, critical thinking, ability and confidence to advise senior managers and problem solve, to shape communications strategies and plans. Media and presentation training a plus.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.