Senior Financial Analyst
- Charlotte, NC, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting and supporting the BIC Charlotte Operations team examining and managing the expenses of the facilities. They should be a highly analytical specialist that reviews costs and reports analysis to management. Their main tasks include creating new product standard costs, analysis of line performance/efficiencies, preparation of the annual budget, cycle count audits, month-end closing procedures, monthly reporting and analysis of spending, variances and absorption, and monitoring of expense and capital project spending to budget. The position has one direct report-Accounting Assistant.
- Be the point person for the Charlotte Operations team for financial information and support
- Analyze the new production rates assigned for accuracy and reasonable standard cost
- Review production data for efficiencies and offer analytical support to the management team
- Oversee daily expenses and examine data to help with reducing cost in all operations
- Maintain MRO Approval Process & Spending
- Prepare month-end closing accruals
- Prepare Monthly Expense and Inventory Reports for management review
- Audit weekly Cycle Counts and review any variances
- Review & track capital spending based on budget
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Tags
- Review Full-time and Temporary Labor weekly invoices for average headcount & invoice charges
- Coordinate with management to ensure cost forecasting reports are consistently checked and applied
- Manages and develops Packaging and Distribution variance forecasts. Performs analysis and interprets variances from budgets and standards
- Provide suggestions for cost-saving strategies
- Provides comprehensive understanding, analysis, and reporting of key metrics: Labor Variances for Direct and Indirect Labor, Variance to Budget on all accounts, Analysis of Line Performance Metrics, etc
- Create actionable reports that identify and describe variances and opportunities
- Deliver real-time value driven insights by incorporating data visualization to bring out insights that may lie buried in data
- Responsible for synthesizing large quantities of data, identify trends and drivers. Analyze and interpret both financial and operational results
- Review existing business processes and make specific recommendations about what data needs tracking and how it can be used to improve operations
- Deliver a wide range of data-driven insights that support everything from operational decision-making to organizational strategy
- Prepare the annual financial Budget
- Manage any year-end financial requirements
- Review annual standard cost roll over information (reports)
- Ensure that health and safety regulations are met
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of our environmental footprint regarding waste production and energy and water consumption
- Assist in Special Projects as requested
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business/relevant field.
• Between 5-7 years’ proven experience as an analyst in supply chain, manufacturing, or finance.
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to analyze on a micro and macro level
• Superb communication and presentation skills.
• Aptitude to succeed in a high-paced and results-oriented environment.
• Excellent understanding and ability to learn new Information Systems and MS Excel.
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.