Consumer Insights Manager, Shaver
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries.
As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team. With a strong commitment to encouraging future and current team members to “Unlock the Best You!” the BIC People Promise reinforces the principle that people are at the heart of its business success. BIC is committed to its team members and to the promise of helping them unlock their full potential.
As part of the Group Insight & Innovation teams, the Consumer Insights Manager supports BIC organization to enrich the consumer knowledge, identify category trends & consumer opportunities and implement appropriate research to guide and validate launch toolkits, portfolio decisions, marketing actions and R&D areas of focus.
This role proactively identifies consumer knowledge learning gaps, designs plans to close gaps, and proactively analyzes & shares leverageable insights for business advantage.
This role collaborates closely with Market Experts in the Market & Consumer Insights/Intelligence (M&CI) department to generate Market Insights. It collaborates closely as well with Group Marketing teams and/or R&D teams.
The Market & Consumer Insights/Intelligence team operates as the Centre Of Excellence (COE) on actionable insights in the areas of Market Analysis & Research (business analytics, opportunities), Consumer/Shopper Behavioural Research (trends, needs, motivations, purchase habits) and User/Product Research (user perception & attitudes, product evaluation).
- Leads the foundational understanding of consumer dynamics for a given category / scope
- Implement appropriate consumer research, managing vendors when need be, contribute to transform results into concrete action plans
- Identify consumer insights & trends and build structured consumer knowledge base, recommend on learning gaps to fill-in (championing with Group Marketing, R&D and other BIC teams)
- Act as the voice of the consumer, influencing portfolio decisions, roadmap building, toolkits execution, R&D directions, marketing actions and communicate relevant Consumer Insights to all stakeholders across brand, design and commercial operations
- Drives a culture of consumer curiosity, insight generation and analytical thinking
- Actively contribute to Group Insight & Innovation key meetings: esp. Innovation Council, Portfolio Meeting, Brand Council, Insights Alignment Meeting
- Recommend new potentially interesting methodologies and vendors, recommend testing guidelines
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Business or Marketing
- 7-10 years of practical experience in a Consumer Research company or in a Market Research function - preferably focused on FMCG industry, working on a wide array of research methodologies and with a global / international scope; passion for consumer understanding & trends
- Strong business orientation; Strong knowledge of marketing principles and concepts, advertising, i.e. a marketer as well as a researcher
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to synthesize multiple data points into a simple story, translate consumer data into actionable insights
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously with agility & flexibility; exceptional organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and persuasion skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with members of various fields of expertise
- Working familiarity with basic statistical calculations
- Above-average computer skills (incl. knowledge of MS Office), facile at producing impactful presentations
- Languages: fluency in English is mandatory (oral and written),
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC! We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this.
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.